5 Reasons Why YOU Should Attend the Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity Benefit Concert on June 1st
Mark your calendar for Saturday, June 1, 2019. We have partnered with The Kim Winters Team at Movement Mortgage, Ambrose West and Andrew Scotchie & the River Rats to raise awareness and donations for Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity. If you enjoy live music AND giving back to the community than this event is for YOU!
Saturday, June 1, 2019
8:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Ambrose West - 312 Haywood Rd. Asheville, NC 28806
An evening of original tunes & Tom Petty tributes with
Andrew Scotchie & the River Rats
benefiting Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity.
👇 Check out our 5 reasons why you should attend. 👇
1. You believe everyone should have a decent place to live 🏡 - Through Habitat home ownership and home repair programs, nearly 1,600 adults and children in Buncombe County have achieved the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build a better future. A decent place to call home and an affordable mortgage enables Habitat homeowners to save more, invest in education, pursue opportunities and have greater financial stability. In the next 10 years, Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity will empower 1,000 more families to improve their housing and build strong, stable futures. Everyone deserves a decent place to live, and everyone can do something to make that possible for another family. With your help, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability, and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families.
2. You want to make a difference in our Community 🌎 - There are many ways you can contribute that will change the lives of local families and improve our community at large. All ticket sales and donations made at the benefit concert will go directly to Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity. That's right! 100% of ticket sale proceeds will be donated to Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity. 💰 Help change lives - every dollar transforms into the foundation of a better future for an Asheville Area family.
3. You enjoy supporting Local Bands 🎸 - Andrew Scotchie & the River Rats formed in Asheville NC as a street busking project in late 2011. Revered for their high energy live shows, dynamic musicianship & Scotchie’s larger than life stage presence, the band has continued to craft their hard driving style of rock n roll and are dedicated to building their musical family. Andrew Scotchie & the River Rats are passionate about giving back to our community. Andrew Scotchie’s festival, Asheville Barnaroo is now 10 years strong and continues to benefit local organizations that are dedicated to inspiring the next generation of musicians. They have been voted the # 1 Rock N Roll band in WNC by Mountain Xpress Magazine 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018. Check out some of their music videos by clicking the link below.
4. You want to hear Tom Petty songs LIVE 🎵 - Legendary singer, songwriter, music producer, and guitarist Tom Petty started a decades-long and extremely successful career with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, highlighted by multi-platinum albums that featured the now-classic singles “American Girl,” “Refugee,” “Don’t Come Around Here No More," “Free Fallin,” "Runnin' Down a Dream," and “Learning to Fly." Petty also collaborated with other legendary rockers, including Stevie Nicks, Bob Dylan, George Harrison and Johnny Cash, earning three Grammy Awards for his work over the years. Although Tom Petty is no longer with us his music and legacy will live on forever! Come enjoy a FULL SET (and sing along to) Tom Petty covers performed by Andrew Scotchie & the River Rats at the benefit concert.
5. You like to have FUN and want to enjoy a night out with great company 😎 - One of the best parts about this event will be the gathering of our community. Family, friends, and local businesses will come together for a night of great music to raise money and awareness for Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity. There is nothing better than knowing a fun evening out will lead to a home for a family in our community. 💖
$20 General Admission
$30 General Admission Seated
$40 VIP 1st 3 Rows Seated | VIP Mixer with light appetizers | Swag Bag
DOORS FOR VIP MIXER: 5:30pm
VIP MIXER: 5:30-7pm
DOORS FOR SHOW: 7pm
About Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity
Asheville Area Habitat for Humanity is an organization that transcends politics, race, gender and other things that often divide us. Thanks to thousands of supporters united in the shared vision of a world where everyone has a decent place to live, 1,600 adults and children in Buncombe County have achieved the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build a better future through Habitat homeownership and home repair programs. On the foundation of stable housing, more of our neighbors experience greater educational achievement, better health, increased safety and security, and the opportunity to age in place. Get involved at ashevillehabitat.org.